Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can A "blank" Mp3 File Be Created?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

I play guitar, but have not been in a band for many years, so I simply enjoy playing alone. I enjoy playing along to my favorite songs using my Zune. However, one thing really annoys me. When I push the "play" button on my Zune, the first song on my playlist begins instantly (as it should, under normal circumstances). The reason this annoys me is because I have no chance to step away from the Zune and move to my guitar pedal board, and prepare to begin playing. I always miss the first several seconds of the first song.

This is my idea: If I could create a blank MP3 "song" that was about 20 seconds long, and place it as the first song on my Zune playlist, this would act as a "delay" feature after I press the "play" button on my Zune. I have no idea if this can even be done, but if it can, how would I go about it?

Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

Give Audacity a try.
You should be able to hit the Record button, and record nothing for as long as you want, then save it as an mp3.

You'll have to instal the LAME MP3 encoder, if you don't already have it.
How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

Do you have a Zune Docking Station? If so: Zune Wireless Remote

#4 rlprlp

rlprlp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

Thank you for the tips. I already have Audacity. I use it to change the pitch on certain songs so I don't have to keep re-tuning my guitar. I have no reason why I didn't even think of that. I guess I just don't mess around with my computer that much anymore. I will give it a try.

Thank you as well for the wireless remote tip, too. But, unless they're giving them away for free... Well, you know what I mean. It's not worth spending money on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users