My Computer Will Not Let Me Download Anything
Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:24 PM
I need some help with my computer not letting me download anything... including not being able to update windows.. I keep getting the following message...
Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded!!
I have tried to go to the security controls and change the security level... but it changes back on its own.
Thank you for any help you can offer... I sure I have a bug.
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:04 PM
I really need some help... I don't know alot about computers... enough to be dangerous...
My computer will not let me download anything and the security controls in internet options seems to not save any changes..
Anyone have any idea how to help me.
Thank you in adance
Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:12 PM
Try following the procedure below. If you cannot dowload to your current computer, try downloading Malwarebytes - and it's updates - to another computer and then move them via flash drive or cd to your computer.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown
"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. – Will Smith
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users