Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rosetta Stone And Error #2120

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelBN

MichaelBN

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

I know this is the second post today - I could post a whole lot. I've been waiting for you guys to come along. I hope that's OK and I hope that I'm posting these in the right forum.

I own a Rosetta Stone language series. I've never had any trouble with it until now. I've had it for almost a year.

One reason I'm posting this is that Rosetta Stone support is not available on the week-ends and I'm a wee bit impatient.

The other reason is because I did a Google search on the error message I'm getting, FATAL APPLICATION ERROR #2120. Surprisingly for me, there were several places that dealt with error 2120, which implies that it's not necessarily a Rosetta Stone problem.

Does anyone know of a general, maybe Windows or Microsoft error 2120? If so, could anyone tell me what it means and how to resolve the problem? The application will not open as long as I receive this message.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

Exactly what are you doing when the error occurs?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 MichaelBN

MichaelBN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

I have a shortcut to launch Rosetta Stone on my desktop.

When this first happened, I simply double clicked the shortcut but, instead of the application opening as usual, a window opened with what looks like the Rosetta Stone background. However, a box is in the middle of the window. Inside the box is the following:

2120, 2111, 2119

FATAL APPLICATION ERROR: #2120

Exit The Application (this is a button)

I did go to the program folder and I did launch it from there and the same thing happened.

#4 rosettaissue2120

rosettaissue2120

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

Were you able to find a solution to this issue?

I'm getting the same error as well, and wondering if there is a fix.

#5 MichaelBN

MichaelBN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

I've kept excellent records of all activities relating to my computer. I have them backed up on three external hard drives as well as on DVDs.

However, I don't know why, but I couldn't find the records for the 2120 problem.

I went to the Rosetta Stone site and reviewed my history and there's nothing there about the 2120 problem.

As it was 2 years ago, I've forgotten exactly how I solved the problem, unless it was one of those that just "went away".

In fact, and I'm sure you've done this, I entered "2120" into the search box at Rosetta Stone and came up empty. Hmmmm.

I will tell you that they're excellent when it comes to chatting. You could try that.

I'm not sure of your nationality and I don't want to insult anyone (except the CEOs of American based multinational corporations, of course), but, as American corporations enjoy putting Americans out of work and paying Indians and Hispanics who live in foreign nations 1/4 of the wages they would pay Americans, which helps neither, I've had some trouble understanding the people who have helped me.

On the other hand, they've always been pleasant to work with and very, very helpful.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Michael

#6 degero

degero

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:50 AM

mmm...interesting, thanks for info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users