Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Att-aace

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

:thumbsup: While I was trying to uninstall another program on add/remove programs, I looked for other old programs that needed deleting. I ran across a program I have no idea what it is....
ATT-AACE is something I do not remember ever installing. I am afraid it is some type of malware or something. Anyone ever heard of this? I am afraid to try to delete it until I know exactly what it is. Thank you for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R. I. T.S. (and proud of it)

• Global Moderator
  • 9,014 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

Do you have AT&T internet service? If you do, and you used an install disk to set up your AT&T internet service, the program was most likely automatically installed when you used that disk.

"Sometimes there will be a problem with your DSL and it will redirect you to the ATT site then it will say something along the lines of "fix this" and that program is the one it uses to access and change settings on your computer and modem".

From http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...17154544AAi6kqD.

which I encourage you to read. If you are concerned about infections, you can post in AM I INFECTED forum.

Your choice whether to remove it or not. A lot of ISP's have something similar and can removed without causing problems with your internet connection.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 August 2008 - 12:56 PM.

#3 kelkay

kelkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

Thanks. It is weird I don't remember this from before. I contacted ATT and they said it was NOT their program. I will look at your link.

Just for my peace of mind I will try and find that forum, and post it there. THANKS!

Edited by KoanYorel, 21 August 2008 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users