Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[help] Hp Deskjet D2466 Won't Print

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bakul sate

bakul sate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

hi all, i have a little problem with my printer, hope someone could help me

my printer is HP Deskjet D2466.

The problem:
everytime i want to print something, the paper pulled in by the printer and start printing,
but after 1 or 2 line it was suddenly stop (not jammed) and the power light start blinking.

what i already tried:
1. opening the cover and closed it again, sometime it work that way.
2. but trick no.1 doesn't work lately, i turned off the printer and turned it back on to let the paper out.
and then i tried to reset the printer by pluged off the power-disconnected the usb cable-
dismount the cartridge for 30 seconds. (as instructed by HP technician)
3. trick no.2 doesn't work too. so i cleaned up all connector panel on the cartridge and in the the printer as well,
as instructed on HP website. nothing happen, still not work.
4. i replace the usb cable with another, same thing, not work.
5. is scan my computer for possible virus or something, found nothing, computer is clean.
6. i tried to reinstall the driver, not work
7. restarting the "printer spooling" services in windows, not working.
8. i tried to determine wether one of the cartridge have problem by installed it one by one.
color [in]- black [out] = blinking stop (so i think the black on is the problem), but when
color [out] - black [in] = blinking stop too... what the..... well... i can't say anything more.

Note:
i'm using windows xp Sp2, and no other printer is installed.

someone please help me...
Thanks before....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:13 AM

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, specifically the USB Printing Support?

Did you delete the current drivers before reinstalling them?
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#3 bakul sate

bakul sate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:49 AM

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, specifically the USB Printing Support?

Did you delete the current drivers before reinstalling them?

yes, i have check the Device Manager and everything is okay.
yes, i did delete the current driver (including all software relating to this printer) before reinstalling the new driver.

note:
few hours ago i tried to install another type of HP printer (3325) in my computer and it work just fine.

#4 bakul sate

bakul sate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

is there any other solution? thank you

Edited by bakul sate, 07 August 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

If another printer works without any problems It's probably something mechanically wrong with the other one
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 bakul sate

bakul sate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

okay, thank you for all of your advises, I'll try to look for other solutions somewhere else. :huh:

when i found one, I'll share it here, so we can all benefit from it. :thumbsup:

#7 bakul sate

bakul sate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

finally, i have some information to share for all of us.. B)

Few days ago I went to HP service center, and I told them about the problem.

Here is what they had told me:

1. Most likely because all these time I'm refilling the cartridge by my self with other compatible ink (not original).

2. Every cartridge have their own unique air pressure standard, so when we refilled the cartridge most likely the pressure is change, and this could make some trouble.

3. To open the selenoid plate on the print head, a specific heat temperature is needed based on the original ink heat requirement. So, if another ink (other than the original) is filled into the cartridge (even though they try to manufactured to meet the original ink standard) the heat temperature requirement on some of their product (defect product) may differ due to poor knowledge of how to manufacture a standard ink, so, it could cause the sensor failed to recognize the ink inside the cartridge and decide to pause the printing job. (it explain way when its suddenly stop printing half way in, i open the cover and closed it again the printer sometime resume the printing. It because the printer think that the cartridge has been replace. But soon it stop printing again, when the printer detect that the ink is not original.)

4. even if the printer works with the refilled ink, it is just temporary.

5. here some example: let say ink A, C, D and E are not original, and ink B is original.
ink B need let say need 50 degree celcius to heat up and it print just fine. Ink A need 50.1 degree to heat up and the printer may still work but sometime the ink did not came out because more heat is needed. Ink C need 49.9 degree to heat up and the printer may still work but sometime the ink came out to much and ruin your printed document. Ink D need 60 degree to heat up and the printer just did not work because the different in heat requirement is too far. Ink E need 40 degree to heat up and the ink just came out like a river on your paper :thumbsup: , lets called it a 'massive leak' :huh:

6. when the ink did not came out (due to defect ink), the printer will think that the print head is clogged. The printer have a mechanism to automatically pump out the ink from the cartridge in case of clogged print head. If this procedure is repeatedly done by the printer everytime you want to print something, well, the ink disposal container under the pump may spill some of the ink (due to overpumping the cartridge, so the container is too full) down to some electrical circuit underneath the mechanism. even though the circuit is protected with some layer of 'something', but still-overtime the protecting layer may degrade and the ink could short the circuits.

that's all, i hope these information is right. :)

so the conclusion is "Use Original Ink" :huh:

Edited by bakul sate, 21 August 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#8 lucyrssll

lucyrssll

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:34 AM

Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the HP Deskjet 3325 ink. Oh and it's free delivery too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users