BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
Vista 32x Install Stopped Working
Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:13 AM
His comp is having serious problems with numerous start up errors, here are several:
- LogonUI.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error (this appears 4 or 5 times)
- wmdc.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- ehtray.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- RunDLL: Error loading nvsvc.dll (is not a valid Win32 application)
- there is no net connectivity
- you can run programs on the desktop, but can't open folders
- you can run programs from the "start" menu but can't open folders or disk shortcuts like "Computer"
- you can't run sfc /scannow from "start", nothing happens when you type anything into the run field.
I have used a recovery disk to 1) attempt to repair startup 2) system restore to earliest available date, but those didn't help. Obviously this is in a bad way, I just want to know if something thinks there's any hope of a solution besides blowing away all content and reinstalling.
Thanks so much
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:53 AM
(Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removal
<links compiled on 02/14/2008>
Then, I'd suggest running SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Start dialog as a first attempt.
After that, may try a repair install: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_a_vist...e_vista_dvd.htm
- John Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience ( http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.
DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED FAMILY EMERGENCY, I MAY BE ABSENT FROM THE FORUMS WITHOUT NOTICE
PLEASE CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE BEFORE MY RETURN
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users