Vista 32x Install Stopped Working
Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:13 AM
His comp is having serious problems with numerous start up errors, here are several:
- LogonUI.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error (this appears 4 or 5 times)
- wmdc.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- ehtray.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- RunDLL: Error loading nvsvc.dll (is not a valid Win32 application)
- there is no net connectivity
- you can run programs on the desktop, but can't open folders
- you can run programs from the "start" menu but can't open folders or disk shortcuts like "Computer"
- you can't run sfc /scannow from "start", nothing happens when you type anything into the run field.
I have used a recovery disk to 1) attempt to repair startup 2) system restore to earliest available date, but those didn't help. Obviously this is in a bad way, I just want to know if something thinks there's any hope of a solution besides blowing away all content and reinstalling.
Thanks so much
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:53 AM
(Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removal
<links compiled on 02/14/2008>
Then, I'd suggest running SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Start dialog as a first attempt.
After that, may try a repair install: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_a_vist...e_vista_dvd.htm
If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users