Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Binkw32.dll Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rieny

Rieny

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

Today I installed a new game and tried to start it. It immediately gave me the error that the binkw32.dll file was missing. So I downloaded it from dllfiles.com and put it in the system32 map. I then tried to register it through Start>run>regsvr32 but that gave me this error: The BinkW32.DLL file is incorrectly installed in the Windows or Windows system directory.
I then moved it right into the game folder and tried to register it there but that gave me this error: ...binkw32.dll is loaded, but the entrancepoint DllRegisterServer is not found..
This file cannot be registered.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem because I really wanna play this game.
Greets,
Rieny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

I'm not a coder...but it appears that the following link may suggest what must be done: http://www.vbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-296693.html

Wait for better input from others, please.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

That's the main reason why you don't download dll's off the net. I would try to locate the file you downloaded and delete it, uninstall the game, then reinstall it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

Different game Same error and a solution
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users