Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msimg32.dll

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bjohn

Bjohn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

I am using windows 98SE IE 6.0, I downloaded opera and now I get
message missing msimg32.dll file or to old..go to windows ME to
correct how do I correct this??? oljmc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

Do you have a Windows 98 CD? If I recall, W98 System File Checker wasn't all that great but it's worth a shot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185836
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184075/EN-US/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/

Edited by garmanma, 23 June 2008 - 03:55 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 alan1000

alan1000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:50 AM

Hi Bjohn! A possible quick fix, always worth a try when a DLL file plays up, is to go to WWW.DLLDLL.COM and download an up-to-date copy. Place it in the \system32 folder of your Windows 98 directory. But first make a backup copy of your current msimg32.dll (if it exists) so you can restore it if you have to.

#4 eXaByTe

eXaByTe

• Banned
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:34 PM

Here is a link to the file if that doesn't work.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msimg32

#5 Dinesh Singh

Dinesh Singh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:38 AM

Windows errors related to msimg32.dll?
msimg32.dll is the extension component for Windows GDI that contains new APIs to improve the GDI32 functionality

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

All the web sites like www.dlldll.com keep the latest msimg32.dll which is for WindowsXP. It will not work on Windows 98. For Windows 98SE, the latest msimg32.dll file is one included with Windows ME installation. If you have WindowsME original CD, you will find the file inside the compressed cabinet file Win_12.cab. You can open the cabinet file using WinZip.

Put this file in /Windows/System folder of your Windows 98SE installation.

Anyway, if you don't have the WindowsME installation disk, I have uploaded the file on rapidshare. Here is the link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/127675360/msimg32.zip.html

Hope this helps you. :thumbsup:

#7 fatum

fatum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Msimg32.dll

Place it in the \system32 folder of your Windows 98 directory.

#8 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Place it in the \system32 folder of your Windows 98 directory.

I don't think so fatum. Win98SE does have a system32 folder but there is only a drivers folder in there. Do as suggested by Romeo29 and put it in your Windows\System folder. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#9 Jacknite3000

Jacknite3000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

i was upgrading this comp for a friend fo mine, and i had the same problem. I downloaded the dll file, but every time i try to copy the file into the system folder it tells me the file is in use and cant be copied. Any suggestions on how i might accomplish this?

Jack

#10 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

1. Place the new file in C:\
2. Boot into command-prompt mode by pressing quickly F8 when it says "Starting Windows 98" and selecting a mode. Or you can choose restart in Ms-dos from shutdown menu.
3. Rename old file, like ren c:\windows\system\msimg32.dll c:\windows\system\msimg32.dll.old
4. Copy new file, like copy c:\msimg32.dll c:\windows\system\

#11 FritzDaKat

FritzDaKat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Just a quick note here,

Running 98se here and also using opera.

I had tried the rapidshare link but don't have an account so on my previous install (Just did a reformat after having dropped my antiquated toshiba laptop, pooching some critical sectors on the massive 6GB hard drive (Even has an amazing 64MB of RAM!! :thumbsup: But hey it works, and I'm on a virtually nonexistant budget,,, )

Anyway, the last time I had to use the msimg.dll I ended up going with what was most likely the newer version for XP etc. from dll-files.com and had the same "File is in use" error
So rather than remove it, I just changed the extension to .old and moved the new copy into the system folder.

I cant say it worked perfectly as I had a number of badly displayed graphics artifacts on some sites like yahoo, but it worked better than before (Slightly faster response time in pages loading images.

On a side note I was wondering if perhaps anyone had a link to a free and easy download of the ME version of the msimg32.dll around somewhere?? :flowers:

#12 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

On a side note I was wondering if perhaps anyone had a link to a free and easy download of the ME version of the msimg32.dll around somewhere?? :thumbsup:

I have a WinME computer but I don't think this forum allows anyone to upload M$ dll's. :flowers:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#13 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

The Rapidshare link I have posted is for the file in Windows ME installation CD.

In Rapidshare, you do not need any account for downloading, just click on Free User button, you may see a time counter, when the time is zero, the download link would appear.

Edited by Romeo29, 22 December 2009 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users