Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop Cs2 Text Jagged Edges

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ckluge

ckluge

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

I'm trying to save a file in Photoshop CS2 with text and use it in another program (which supports basically jpeg images). My text looks jagged on the edges in Photoshop and I cannot figure out for the life of me how to fix it. I have read on various sites to adjust the dpi but cannot see how to do that. When I go in to resize the image it allows me to pick pixels, cm, inches, mm, points, picas, column. Are any of these dpi? Any suggestions on how to smooth out the edges?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

DPI = dots per inch, but this sounds more like a 'anti alise' problem,
did you make the text in photoshop or was it imported as a .jpg?

Posted Image

72 DPI = interweb pictures
200/300 DPI = printing

you will only get the options below if you have the text tool selected,

Posted Image

Edited by splodge, 05 June 2008 - 02:14 PM.

#3 ckluge

ckluge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the help above. I actually already tried those two things and they didn't work. Any idea why? I created the font in Photoshop and saved it as a jpeg.

#4 Soldier

Soldier

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the help above. I actually already tried those two things and they didn't work. Any idea why? I created the font in Photoshop and saved it as a jpeg.

did you transformed and resized the text, or is there any blending option added to the text?

#5 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

I bet you're making the text too small, and then its resizing the text into something large, and pixelating it in the process..

Try and make the image size larger before you export to the other program in a .jpg file format

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#6 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:52 AM

set the size of the text in the tool bar, do NOT stretch it out to fit using the transform tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users