Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Script Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EllieChrys

EllieChrys

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:39 PM

I have Windows XP

When online I continuously - and sometimes almost constantly - have this error warning box pop up.

It is not specific to any site or type of site - - - If I'm online it's popping . . .

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 11 (this varies)
Char: 1 (this varies)
Error: Object Expected (this is almost always the same but on a few occasions has said something else)
Code: 0 (this vaies)
URL: file://C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\NDr9E3.tmp.html (this is always the same but the number in the file name changes NDr_ _ _)

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes NO

When I choose either yes or no the result is the same . . . the box disappears but inevitably comes back. Sometimes within seconds - other times minutes - and for a while it didn't happen at all.

This is driving me crazy and I have NO IDEA what I should do about it . . .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

Just turn off script debugging, if you don't want to see reports of these errors.

Script errors (normally) have to do with the webpage...so there's nothing a visitor can do to fix such.

http://www.sureshotsoftware.com/articles/scripterrors.html

Louis

#3 EllieChrys

EllieChrys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Thanks - the link you sent me mentioned runtime errors and I get them too so, hopefully this will help and keep me from losing my mind

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Easily done :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users