Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ccc.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jjjdempsey

jjjdempsey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Need some advice on how to solve a shutdown problem. When I shutdown I recieve an error the the file ccc.exe has stopped responding. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hi and welcome to BC.
When you shutdown your computer you get the ccc.exe error, but does your computer still shut down or does it just stop there? Where is your ccc.exe file located?

ccc.exe is short for Catalyst Control Centre: Host application it belongs to the software Catalyst Control Centre by ATI Technologies Inc.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

Hi,
Also Try to download and install the most recent ATI drivers/software:
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
please answer the above questions as well

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#4 jjjdempsey

jjjdempsey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

Ok, bear with me I am going to try and answer all your questions.

I get the error on shut down and have to manually close the file because it is not responding.

I have search for the file and as far as i can tell it is located as follows: c:\programfiles\ATI Technolgies\ATI.ACE\Core-Implementation

I have tried to download the most recent driver and i am not certain which file i need. Any suggestions??

I appreciate all the help.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hi,
Great, c:\programfiles\ATI Technolgies\ATI.ACE\Core-Implementation should be located in Program Files which is good, just making sure.

I get the error on shut down and have to manually close the file because it is not responding

When you said close do you mean terminate it by using Task managment?

I have tried to download the most recent driver and i am not certain which file i need. Any suggestions??

Can you show me the link that you don't know which file to download?
Also read here, it may help you: http://www.pronetworks.org/forum/about91247.html

Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 23 May 2008 - 09:39 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:16 AM

To identify the driver needed, go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the + sign next to Display Adaptors - that'll expand the heading and you can read the info about your video card.
You can use that at the ATI website to download the appropriate drivers - or you can post that info here and we'll recommend a link for you to use.

Prior to installing the new drivers (but after downloading them), I'd recommend that first uninstall the ATI software from the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel. Then reboot, dismiss the "Found New Hardware" dialog, and then install the new drivers.
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

The Catalyst Control Center is a program not a driver. You don't even have to have it installed if you don't want to. You can simply remove it in Add/Remove Programs and redownload it from ATI's support site ATI Support

Edited by garmanma, 24 May 2008 - 08:47 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

The Catalyst Control Center is a program not a driver. You don't even have to have it installed if you don't want to. You can simply remove it in Add/Remove Programs and redownload it from ATI's support site ATI Support

Agreed you should remove it form add/remove. If you read that link I gave you it tells you that you should remove it by using add/remove. Then reinstall it, if you like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users