Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Text Overlay Ms Word

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryd

gregoryd

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

Using MS Office Word, I've taken an Office label template ( Avery Standard 3261L )
and pasted a Canadian Flag on each label.
In a separate template I laid out the text layout I need, on each label.
How do I superimpose the text over the Flag image without completely covering up
the flag image as the text fill is white and not transparent?
Or should I be using a completely different program that I can't afford?

Greg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

Would be easier using a completely different program that you cant afford.

You can download the 30day free trials of many graphics programs that would help you do it much easier and faster than trying to do it on MS word.

go to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cf...oduct=photoshop and register to the site then you can download the trial of Photoshop CS3 :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

Using a graphics editor to make what you want and then inserting it in Word seems a much easier method. I know, for example, that IrfanView will allow you to insert text into a picture with a transparent background. There are a lot of free editors that you can explore:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

gimp is free and almost as good as photoshop, or so i was told, i use photoshop myself, if it's just one pic pm me with instructions and a link, i'll do it for you,
http://www.gimp.org/

#5 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

Greg, what Office do you use? I use Office 2007 and I have a transparent text background and therefore no problems with overlaying text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users