Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Qytrew Is Taking Over My Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shadetreeh

shadetreeh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

when i go onlline this qytrew starts doing anything it wants sends me to places i never clicked on and it makes my computer beep and it also mess's around when im not on line what can i do to fix this problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 33,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

I have seen a few other similar reports but don't know the exact cause. Are you using a BTC 5100C Mini Magic Keyboard? There is a review about it here with complaints of pressing the "Q" button resulting in it typing "QYTREW". I don't know if that is a coincidence or not and it doesn't fully explain other symptoms that have been reported. There are some references on Chinese and Spanish forums but nothing that makes any sense to me.

I suggest you first try replacing the keyboard with another. If the problem continues, then we can investigate for malware by directing you on how to post a hjackthis log.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 heyronstaaar

heyronstaaar

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

I am having similar problem :blink:

please help me too!!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 33,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hello heyronstaaar and Welcome to BC

You replied to and resurrected a topic that is over four years old and the information is most likely outdated.

If you have an issue or problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic. Doing that will help to avoid the confusion that often occurs when trying to help two or more members at the same time in the same thread. Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. you are using and the presence of other malware. Further, posting for assistance in someone else's topic is not considered proper forum etiquette.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The BC Staff
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users