Suspected Infection: Suspicious Stllssvr Windows Service
Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:58 PM
I am a network tech and have my own problem it seems.
Research it seems to be as:
Very weird effect that is the same in both safe mode and regular mode.
Icons and desktop blink on and off up to 3 or 4 times, then you get a blank desktop.
You can push the power button (XP) to shutdown my Dell, but that is it.
If you hurry, you can get on internet or other function. I checked control panel/users for example, and I am still admin, but task manager is locked out. The pattern is the same on a visitor login I have setup (low rights), but I can ctl-alt-del where I cannot on my login. I am seeing weird .exe's running, but stopping them has no effect.
I have run different online scans (Kaspersky, Trend, Nortons (a joke), etc. Each finds and cleans different malware, but it has not effect on my problem. I have Spyware Doctor (updated OK) & AVAST Pro installed.
Need some help on this one, and it is my own! ;-)
Network Analyst III
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:11 PM
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
Related to SureThing_CD_Labeler from MicroVision Development, Inc. designed for MP3 and DVD buffs Note: Located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\
Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:20 PM
Let's run this scan and get a log.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users