Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Drive Not Opening Files/files Disappear And Reappear

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 realmstalker

realmstalker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

So, I'm using windows XP and i got this USB drive i'm supposed to download files from for a school program, however, when I plug it into my computer and open it, there is only two files which keep appearing for about 2 seconds and then disappearing for about 5 and then reappearing and disappear over again, and they won't open.

The files are:

1) an "autorun" folder which will only open in notepad and contains the following text:

[autorun]
open=

shell\open\Command=RECYCLER\INFO.exe
shell\open\Default=1
shell\explore\Command=RECYCLER\INFO.exe

2) a folder titled "recycler" which contains 1 file "desktop" which will only open in notepad and contains the following text:

[.ShellClassInfo]
CLSID={645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

Now, I've tried the right-click install button and accessing the autorun file via the run menu button which just said that "autorun.inf" failed and when I unplugged the device I got a system message saying the "delayed write" failed or something similar to that, but I've never gotten this message again.

Does this sound like a computer problem on my part or am I not using the right programs to access them? Or is it that this USB drive doesn't have the files on it to access, or what? And why do the files keep disappearing and reappearing? I'd talk to the person who gave me the drive, but i won't be in class again until next week, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by realmstalker, 06 April 2008 - 07:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

I just had a series of "delayed write" messages a couple of days ago :thumbsup:.

When I finally decided to check them out, I found out that my connectors to my PCI controller card...were not very snug and I had a loose PS cable connecting a drive.

No problems since I remedied those two situations.

I could look at my drive and its folders, but opening the folder revealed nothing (which was alarming). Once everything was plugged in properly, all contents were viewable and accessible :huh:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users