Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove Svch.exe Virus ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Watcher07

Watcher07

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

I tried to remove this annoying virus SVCH.exe using NOD32 but it didn’t work, it couldn’t even detect the virus. Norton, same thing.

Edited by Watcher07, 16 March 2008 - 02:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:07 AM

Could I please ask what operating system you are using, and under what service pack? We need to know this to assure that any tools we use are compatible.

Please read the article regarding the file in question here. It would be helpful to know where the SVCH.exe file was located in your computer.

#3 Watcher07

Watcher07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

Could I please ask what operating system you are using, and under what service pack? We need to know this to assure that any tools we use are compatible.

Please read the article regarding the file in question here. It would be helpful to know where the SVCH.exe file was located in your computer.

I'm using XP professional- service pack 2. I first found the SVCH.exe in my flash card.

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

I would reformat your card, first backing up the data of course.

Lets run Sdfix, a trojan removal tool.
  • Download SDfix setup onto your desktop.
  • Run the installer. Leave the install location at your system root.
  • After the install, boot into Safe Mode.
  • Click your Start Menu. Click Run. Type in c:\sdfix\runthis.bat. Hit OK.
  • The prompt window will open. Type Y and hit Enter.
  • Wait for the scan to finish.
  • You will be prompted to restart. Press anykey to do so. Allow Sdfix to boot the computer into normal boot.
  • At reboot, the prompt window will popup, along with a log shortly after. Copy the contents of the log back in your next reply.

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 16 March 2008 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users