Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gotta Find Out How Much Power My Pc Is Using

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hey, does anyone know applications that can tell me how much power/ram/bandwitdth/fps/ and anything else that can be fathomed my computer is using. I need to find out as much as I can about how my computer runs when it's under a lot of stress. If you gotta know more good, cause maybe you can help the real problem. The real problem here is that my computer is shutting down when I play online games. This has never happened before so I know it's nothing like I shouldn't be playing music and playing games at the same time, or running aim, or something like that. And trust me but I know it's nothing wrong with my houses wiring, power, and stuff like that. It's all something physically, or digitally inside my computer. Anyway I need some sort of monitoring program so I can see if my computer truly can't take it, or if it can, but something is making it give up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

If you have always done this type of gameplaying and have never had a problem before, I would first recommend a routine cleaning of your PC to remove any dust buildup over time. This would include a careful examination and cleaning of all intake and exhaust vents plus a thorough cleaning of the inside components with a can of compressed air; especially in the area of the cpu and heatsink.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

Read the post by Billy O'Neil
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135111/i-have-no-idea-whats-wrong/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 grap6b

grap6b

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

I recommend you to complete clean up your computer. For this using check disk, repair your all the hard disks. Then use any latest virus scan program to scan you problem. If you also have more time you can use disk defragmenter also.

#5 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

Read the post by Billy O'Neil
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135111/i-have-no-idea-whats-wrong/

Should I post my results here?

Oh yeah and good call on the dust cleaning, I forgot that I haven't done that in ages, and yeah I was gonna run some scans last night but I forgot.

#6 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

Alright, so am I suppose to just run about my business and see what Prime95 gets, or does Prime create it's own conditions? I have it running now and everything is pretty smooth, but I was running it before and it made my system rather slow like for a couple of minutes? And how do I get the results?

#7 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Alright, so am I suppose to just run about my business and see what Prime95 gets, or does Prime create it's own conditions? I have it running now and everything is pretty smooth, but I was running it before and it made my system rather slow like for a couple of minutes? And how do I get the results?

If this utility was not running smoothly before you did the cleaning and now it is running smoothly after the cleaning (an assumption on my part), why don't you just go back to doing that gaming thing and see if it is OK now? In my opinion, a stress test is a nice tool but if you already have a real world condition that gives you grief, why not do that retest first?

Edited by ucanfixit, 08 March 2008 - 05:13 PM.

#8 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

If this utility was not running smoothly before you did the cleaning and now it is running smoothly after the cleaning (an assumption on my part), why don't you just go back to doing that gaming thing and see if it is OK now? In my opinion, a stress test is a nice tool but if you already have a real world condition that gives you grief, why not do that retest first?

No I didn't get to clean my computer yet, physically or virtually. And yeah that's what I was looking for some sort of stress test tool that lets me make the condition and then gives me the report, but 1) I don't even know how to retrieve the results from Prime95, and 2) I don't know if I'm suppose to make the condition with Prime or if it makes the condition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users