Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Receive Outlook 2003 Messages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

I have a user in the network that can send but not receive email messages with Outlook 2003.

For our network, we are not using an exchange server, we are connecting to a central sendmail email server for POP3 and SMTP on incoming server port 110 and outgoing 25.

This user can send emails and they will be received by other users, but she cannot receive any emails from anyone else.

The Event log indicates a Outlook Error event ID 27, but does not indicate anything else. I have looked up this event ID and it seems to be associated with Exchange Server errors, which for us is not the case since we do not employ one.

I have run the Detect and REpair utility, to no avail.

However, when I click on the "Send Receive" down arrow and choose "Send Receive Settings" and "Define Send Receive Groups", the usual pop up that allows me to define settings does not appear.

Has anyone come across something like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

Outlook 2003 Can't Receive

[

Edited by tork, 25 February 2008 - 05:11 PM.

#3 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

This turned out to be a corrupted send and receive Outlook file "Outlook.srs". I had to rename the file and restart Outlook. It was then able to recreate the file and I can now the user can send and receive emails.

#4 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

:flowers: Good to hear you got it fixed - tork :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users