Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Probable Driver Infection :windows (r) Wdm Driver For Realtek Ac'97 (alcxwdm.sys)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nosferatu_*

Guest_nosferatu_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

Hi ,am not really sure i i am posting this i the right forum, but it does happen to be a hardware related issue :
was having issues with the sound drivers on my P.C.. I use a dual boot Windows 98 SE (C:\ drive)/ XP Pro (D:\drive) ,system.
Have had loads of virus issues poping up every now and then ,though have several softwares installed for A.V,Anti-Spyware ,host guards ,active monitors ,anti key loggers ,key stroke scramblers, etc... on my system,and the resident as well as online scanners give me a clean chit ,however do have viruses /keyloggers activity poping up every now and then,and a bunch of registry errors ,every time i reboot.
Some i have a feeling it is a infected driver behind all this. In 98SE(C:) ,my network adapters don't work (so cannot update my software/A.V. programs) other then that alls well.However in Windows XP my sound doesn't work ,had got an blue screen (system crashed thereafter ) :

Help and Support | Security | Microsoft Update

Download updates for Windows ® WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS)

This problem was caused by Windows ® WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS). Windows ® WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS) was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp..
So expecting a virus , made the mistake of i shift deleting the drivers after running a search ,before uploading and verifying whether/which one was infected (by the way two versions were found ALCXWDM.SYS in D: and alcxwdm.sys in C:)
Followed the solution steps, made sure the new driver was compatible in both 98/Xp environments ,and that i had un-installed it from Xp as well as 98 before proceeding , but it keeps asking me for the same file followed by a list of others,after the system tries to complete installation after reboot.
Also ever time I load a driver installation CD my explorer hangs or doesn't read,initially thought it might
be a problem with the CD ,but tried three others with the same results.Have a Samsung DVD-R,and an ASUS CDR which work otherwise

Also graphics are exploded/minimal color dept in, Xp safe mode ,and cannot be changed.
tried running Avast boot time scan several times without any results.

P.S:FOLLOWING DEVICE NOT INSTALLED:
Unknown device
located on Intel® 82801DB LPC Interface Controller - 24C0
Device instance ACPI\PNPBO2F\4&323CF337&0
Hardware Id's *PNPBO2F

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

I think the first thing I would do is to post here Am I Infected It's kind of senseless to reinstall fresh drivers if you're still infected to
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Guest_nosferatu_*

Guest_nosferatu_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

hey thanx ,will do the same :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users