Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Know If Your Laptop Needs A New Battery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 D_Vincent

D_Vincent

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Not sure if this is being posted in the proper section however it seems the battery on my newly refurbished IBM thinkpad R31 (older laptop) wont charge anymore so Im guessing I need a new battery however how does one know its the battery thats dead and not another problem...is there a way to tell when battery is removed to see if its dead or is the only way to know is to put in a new one and see.

Just wondering...battery seems to of died yesterday...Only good thing is I can get a new battery off of ebay for around $30.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

If the system works while plugged into the wall without the battery in it - then it's likely to be the battery. To check the battery, leave it charging overnight. Then remove the battery from the computer and use a multimeter to test it.
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users