Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Restarts Automatically

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mmbb

mmbb

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

Using Win Xp on a business comp. Computer automatically restarts without being commanded. It seems to happen when Internet Explorer is opened or has been open for awhile.
Have run Norton 360 and Spybot to find any viruses/bots but there has been no fix.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

Check for overheating (are all fans working, check temperature of CPU via BIOS, blow dust out of system)?

Check Event Viewer for clues?

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Louis

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,396 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

Is this PC different than the one with the Spygurd Infection, you have a topic on??

Is this PC different than the one with the Spygurd Infection, you have a topic on??
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#4 mmbb

mmbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

it's the on the same computer

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,396 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

Then you should first concentrate on Malware removal as in the steps provided in your other topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users