Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installer Constantly Trying To Install Product 'status"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rjwin1967

rjwin1967

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

I have been having a problem for some time now on my XP Home edition computer. When I select any user, the computer starts an installation dialog box which attempts to install 'Status'. It reads: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.

Insert the 'Status' disk and click OK. The selection box says to use source 1." I then cancel it because I have been unable to loacte the correct file. I then get the following dialog box: "An installation package for the product 'Status cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'status'.

My requests through Dell and the Microsoft knowledge base have been unsuccessful so far.

Pictures of the dialog boxes are also at at picasaweb:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rjwin1967/Pict...374854269555858

http://picasaweb.google.com/rjwin1967/Pict...374910104130722

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hello,

This could be a number of things, Check the event viewer in control panel for specific erors or warnings.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 rjwin1967

rjwin1967
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:31 PM

There were a lot of error messages. I've posted some here. I'm not too sure how to locate the file it's asking for.

Attached Files

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

I noticed that it is failing to find gdiplus.dll located in C windows system32. Here is a link to download that file, try putting that in the system32 folder, it may solve the problem http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gdiplus
Regards,

Alan.

#5 rjwin1967

rjwin1967
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Finally I got it to stop. I updated Windows installer and it says I'm overdue for 90 updates. I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

No problem, glad it worked.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users