Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flasher

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yeshua333

yeshua333

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:09 AM

followed trouble shooting directions without success
loaded ADOBE FLASHER UNINSTALLER
shut down everything else and executed uninstaller with this result:
Output folder: C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
Extract: FlashUtil.exe ... 100%
Delete file: C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\FlashUtil.exe
Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\install.log
Completed.

After this I rebooted the computer.
Still no joy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you may want. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 21 December 2007 - 11:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:51 PM

I would download the uninstaller again http://kb.adobe.com to the desktop. I would then try running it while in safemode and pay particular attention to these instructions
" Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications which might possibly use Flash Player are still in memory. ( going into safemode should make sure of this)
4. Run the uninstaller. This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.

Note: The uninstaller cannot remove files currently in use.
If you have any instances of the player open in your web browsers, instant messaging clients, stand-alone SWFs, or projectors, then the uninstaller will complete but some files may not be deleted. If this occurs, then close all of your applications and run the uninstaller again to ensure that all files are removed.

Note: Internet Explorer users may have to reboot to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files. If you're not certain, select the "Show Details" button in the Flash Player uninstaller. If there are any log lines that begin with "Delete on Reboot..." then you'll need to reboot BEFORE running the Flash Player installer again."
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Linkman101

Linkman101

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

i agree with garmanma though if it still does not work go to adobe website and manually update it.
Joshua Gretzmier

#4 yeshua333

yeshua333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:07 AM

I would download the uninstaller again http://kb.adobe.com to the desktop. I would then try running it while in safemode and pay particular attention to these instructions
" Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications which might possibly use Flash Player are still in memory. ( going into safemode should make sure of this)
4. Run the uninstaller. This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.

Note: The uninstaller cannot remove files currently in use.
If you have any instances of the player open in your web browsers, instant messaging clients, stand-alone SWFs, or projectors, then the uninstaller will complete but some files may not be deleted. If this occurs, then close all of your applications and run the uninstaller again to ensure that all files are removed.

Note: Internet Explorer users may have to reboot to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files. If you're not certain, select the "Show Details" button in the Flash Player uninstaller. If there are any log lines that begin with "Delete on Reboot..." then you'll need to reboot BEFORE running the Flash Player installer again."
Mark

Thank you.... tried everything .... no joy going to try the next suggestion.... grandchildren are great
Yeshua333

Edited by yeshua333, 22 December 2007 - 08:11 AM.

#5 yeshua333

yeshua333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:17 AM

THANK YOU LINKMAN101.......... GREAT TRY BUT STILL NO JOY
DID DISCOVER ONE NEW CLITCH.... WHEN THE INSTALL FAILED THE DETAILS READ AT:
"Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\F1Dbg9e.ocx"

whatever that means??
downloading from Adobe site for use with IE left the install running for 20 min with no change
downloading from Adobe site for use with netscape said it loaded and installed???

tried upgrading without success???

Thank you all.... will keep trying

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

Try running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and see if that helps
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 yeshua333

yeshua333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

THANKS AGAIN MARK

TRIED IT.... NO JOY

SHALOM.... CHARLES

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

yeshua333,
I've split off your HJT log, and moved it here:
yeshua333's HJT log

Please follow all of the directions posted, as a reply, if you would like to have your log examined.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 yeshua333

yeshua333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Sorry about that.... thank you very much... will follow directions and hope I do it right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users