Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Typing On Its Own?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqui R

Jacqui R

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

Ok Im not sure if this is spyware or a virus or what. When I type somewhere that allows text (even such as this message box) wierd things happen. Little dots show up and then words just appear where the dots were? I took two screenshots of my IM's when it did it.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can anyone help? Please??? This is really getting annoying!

117711211123 111111211813 2118910131111 17211 The 71111 for this one is one to 221211 22117110111 or 211111118511 1111 21111 <-Randomness it decided to type on its own - and YES it is typing the words on its own too not just numbers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

Hi Jacqui R,

What kind of keyboard is it? What kind of connection, Wireless? Brand name and model? Is is old and could anything have spilt down inside of it? Any other information you can give us, like any changes to your computer lately?

I found another possible solution, it is possible that speech recognition could be causing it, if it is turned on:

Turn Off Speech Recognition

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.

3. Click Regional and Language Options.

4. On the Languages tab, select Details.

5. Under Installed services, select Speech Recognition, click Remove, and then OK.

6. Click OK to apply all the changes You may have to restart your computer

Edited by Crizz44, 11 December 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#3 Jacqui R

Jacqui R
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

Lets see - its a HP Media Center edition keyboard, that is hardwired not wireless. The kids did spill ketchup on it the other day....hmmmmm but this just started today. I did install a bunch of free fonts that I got offline in the past 24 hours. Other than that I dont think anything else has gone on. I first suspected a stuck key or something like that, but it was typing real words - heck one time it even typed "Rothermel" - my last name!

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

Can you check the speech recognition settings?

#5 Jacqui R

Jacqui R
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

Im pretty computer savvy - but that I dont know how to do? Can you give me a link of how to read how to do it or post it if its not too long to type :thumbsup: Im sorry to burden you guys! LOL Thanks!

#6 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:51 AM

Turn Off Speech Recognition

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.

3. Click Regional and Language Options.

4. On the Languages tab, select Details.

5. Under Installed services, select Speech Recognition, click Remove, and then OK.

6. Click OK to apply all the changes You may have to restart your computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users