Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Memory Usage Ballooning

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Billermo

Billermo

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:48 AM

This has been occurring in the past 2 or 3 weeks. With Internet Explorer (7) on, after awhile its memory usage (as seen in Windows Task Manager) just gets larger and larger until it finally locks up, at which time it's not even possible to view Task Manager any more in order to end its process or shut the application.

I notice that when I first open IE7, it seems to hover around 120 - 130 mb of memory, this with 2 tab windows open. Compare to Firefox with about 80mb, 3 tabs open. Last night after it had been open a few hours, it was up over 370mb.

So first, I'm not sure if the 120-130 mb it uses at first is normal. So this part I'm not sure is a problem or not.

Next, the increase in memory over time really appears to be out of the ordinary, and this really seems like it's a problem.

What is going on here? I didn't seem to have this problem before. Not sure how to fix it.

Any info or help appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Billermo, 19 November 2007 - 12:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users