Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Double Click Noise

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hawg42

hawg42

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

I hear a strange double click noise on my laptop when I am not using my computer. Is this a virus and if it is what should I do?

Thanks

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 34,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

Hello hawg42

Your going to have to provide more specific information for anyone to help you. Where exactly does the noise seem to be coming from, your speakers, inside your computer, etc? Can you describe the noise better than double-click?
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 hawg42

hawg42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

It sounds like its coming from my speakers. It sounds like some sites when you click the "enter" or "ok" button. Is seams to be intermittent, almost like some is accessing my computer in the background. Any help would be great. This is my work computer and my livelihood. I dont know what other info I could give you besides I have been hit with a ton of spyware, ad ware, trojens and viruses over the course of the last week or so and I cant get them off. I have used superantspyware, trend micro, AVG, spybot search and destroy and they still keep coming back.

Thanks again

Rob

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:40 PM

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 34,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:47 PM

Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in "Safe Mode" to return to a previous state before your problems began?

Have you tried doing your scans in "Safe Mode"? Are you doing scans while logged into the "Administrator Account" or an "account with administrator privileges"?
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#6 hawg42

hawg42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

I will run my scans in safe mode as well as posting my hijack log.

Thanks

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users