Reset Windows Security Center
Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:45 AM
My windows security center is monitoring antivirus and firewall, is just that it does not flash the balloon to alert me when i off my firewall or antivirus.
i have tick all the alert in the *change the way security center alert me* in the windows security center...
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:40 AM
2. Click on services.
3. Go down to Windows Management Instrumentation.
4. Stop this service. Stop Security Center service too.
Set them to Automatically start.
5. Exit out of this area, to your desktop.
6. Right click Start, and choose Explore.
7. Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository.
Delete this subdirectory ONLY.
Leave the others there.
8. Exit back to your desktop and reboot your computer (you might need to boot twice).
This will rebuild the deleted folder, and the database.
Once restarted, Windows Security Center should show the correct info.
Antivirus, and firewall, should now be recognized.
Edited by tg1911, 14 October 2007 - 08:42 AM.
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:15 AM
I am using windows firewall and nod32 anti virus system.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users