Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp 2179 Psc Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 doresy

doresy

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hi, think this is the right section for this B)

Anyways here goes nuthin :thumbsup:

The stated printer started to show signs of low ink so I refilled the tri-colour and black cartridges. As I had done this previously with success I was confident. However, it was still printing with wierd colours so I went to the local refill shop for advice. They sugested a blockage and kindly gave me a device and syringe for 'pulling' the ink through. This worked fine and printing was good.
Later in the day I tried to print again but this time all the lights were flashing and an error message reading 'Remove and check cartridge' This I did (several times!) but no change.
With a bit of detective work I found the black cartridge was the offender. (I removed just the colour and the message remained the same. I then replaced it and removed the black, the message then read 'Insert Right Cartridge')

Getting fed up I decided to buy 2 more cartridges to solve the problem, only it didn't :) :huh:

HP Troubleshooting gave me the system for finding the offending cartridge but that's all

Can anyone out there in techie land please help me? :huh:
Windows XP Home....Netgear DG834G wireless modem/router....ISP- AOL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

Make sure the PC chip on the cartridge and where it contacts the tray aren't smudged with ink
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

Make sure the PC chip on the cartridge and where it contacts the tray aren't smudged with ink
Mark

Yeah, thanks for that. Have done the cleaning thing....ie, cotton bud with alcohol

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

Have you tried to reset the AIO yet?

Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.
  • Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
  • Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
  • Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute.
  • Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
  • Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
  • Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
  • Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.
If this does not fix your issues, it may be time for a new printer
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:23 AM

Have you tried to reset the AIO yet?

Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.

• Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
  • Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
  • Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute.
  • Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
  • Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
  • Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
  • Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.
If this does not fix your issues, it may be time for a new printer

Hi and thank you very much for your input.

Have done as you suggested and it has cured the original problem :thumbsup:

The printing is not brilliant though which most likely is due to the refilled cartridge. The Asda's own refill is now showing 'incorrect cartridge' message so that is going back!

I may just go get a new printer now as they aren't exactly expensive for what I need one for and this one is nearly 4 years old! :huh:

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

My experience has been the cheaper less expensive the printer is, the higher the ink cost.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 stevansky

stevansky

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

I have an HP 2610 All In One that started giving me "check color cartridge" errors. I tried resetting the printer and seemed to work initially but then it returned a day or so later. Took the cartridge out, cleaned, reinstalled still same error. I read somewhere that the black cartridge could be the problem so I took it out and cleaned it, reinstalled, same problem. Now this is where it gets interesting. I have a supplemental color cartridge (has 4 different cartridge numbers on it, 99/ 138/ 348/ 858) that replaces the black cartridge. Took the black cartridge out and put this one in, message popped up "used color cartridge installed", I clicked OK. Then it said "used tri-color cartridge installed", I clicked OK. It printed a calibration page, no error messages. I then put the black cartridge back in and got "used black cartridge installed". I hit OK, it printed another calibration page and the printer works fine now. :whistle:

Edited by stevansky, 01 November 2012 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users