Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super Bowl XXXlX

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Bowl XXXlX (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

Niether one of my fav teams are in this years Super Bowl. They both made the playoffs though. Only to fall behind. :thumbsup: There is always next year.

Since I can't root for my team. I will go for the Eagles. 'Kinda tired of the Pats. It is someone elses turn.

What do you all think? Who will win and why?

Edited by scarlett, 12 February 2005 - 01:37 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:34 PM

as it is monday, and it's over, the only thing i can say is that it was very bittersweet. for the last umpteen years we have gone to the same place for the super bowl...i finally figured out a few years ago the reason jeff held the party was for alllll the leftovers..being single, and leftovers there always were..cuz none of us just brought "snacks", we brought our best.

on friday, february 5, jeff died suddenly...i guess his body could no longer battle the effects of agent orange (nam), or hepatitis b. the party was held anyway, in his honor..and i think we ALL felt his presence.

fare the well, jeff...you'll be greatly missed. :thumbsup:

#3 touse

touse

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:12 PM

Superbowl that are the guys with the shoulder pads, no? I've read somewhere that it is the biggest sporting event in the US. Is that true? That is one more difference between European and American culture: American football is virtually unknown, or rather, not practiced here.

Do people call in sick to watch the finale? Does the whole country watch this? Do people smear coloured paint on their faces and get out on the streets when their team wins?

touse :thumbsup:

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:36 PM

Yes touse to all of your questions. It is a huge event. The entire country watches. I love football. It is much more exciting than baseball. IMHO.

And some even call off the next day. If they overdid it the day before. We have huge parties here in the states. So that is a big possibility. :inlove:

The commercials broadcast during the Superbowl cost millions a second. Sickening huh? Or is it a minute? :flowers: Eiether way it is outlandish. But that is the talk at the watercoolers the next day not just the game. As to what was the funniest, coolest, or craziest ad.

But I still love :trumpet: and the SuperBowl. In joking I consider it a National Holiday. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:55 AM

to tell u the truth, i gotta be like the only male in america that knows like nothing about football... but i had my money on the eagles, but the d@man patriots won... i wish someone else would whop the patriots @ss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users